Let’s not miss a single season, after 13 years of growing amazing organic crops, sustaining our pollinators, supporting the local food pantries, educating the community about sustainable agriculture, and building a welcoming and diverse gardening community.
Our guiding principles:
We garden organically
We are open to all
We work to feed the food insecure through local food banks
We educate about sustainability and conservation
We plant for and teach about supporting pollinators
Here is what’s important to us and what we’d like to have:
- 1.5 to 2 acres – mostly flat, open land near Apex, NC
- Member parking and overflow for large events
- Large truck delivery of compost, leaves, chips, etc.
- Sunlight most of the day
- Water – pond or well
- Soil – ideally sandy loam, not too much clay
- Electrical access
- Safe area with good visibility
- Long-term commitment to garden future
- Ability to access property asap and on a regular basis if not 24/7
- Ability to keep bees on property
Please reach out to Anne Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 616-6659 with any leads on property that might be a good fit. Thanks for your support!